Saturday, October 22, 2011

Survival

The aim of this blog is survival.

Surviving life in a foreign country, surviving life with two babies, surviving... with great hopes of one day thriving. Hopefully these survival tales will take on a more thriving character as we go along, but of utmost importance is that I learn to love the journey getting there.

Last year I managed a pregnancy and raised a 2-year-old in China. I survived, but looking back I'm not sure how often I was grateful. I'm hoping to do less complaining this year, because there are a hundred ways that living in China is a blessing to me and to my family. I feel that God brought us here. And not to simply leave us and see what would happen, but to be with us and lead us to a place of closeness with Him. A place of thriving.

So, more acurately, the aim of this blog is to remind me to love my journey through life. I hope it will inspire you to love yours as well.

5 comments:

Pilgrim said...

I'm inspired already. Keep writing!

Abuela said...

I love reading about your journey. I think many times we don't we are not thankful for the things we don't like....example, dirty dishes. Dirty dishes means we have food to ear. Or a house full of "I want now" all day long...that means we have happy healthy children...you are very insightful Ashley.

tina said...

you will survive! River will be sleeping through the night and you will get 6+ hours of straight sleep once again! We love you!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are going to blog! I look forward to following your journey!

Ashley said...

Thanks all for your support! :)