Sunday, October 23, 2011

7 years and Counting...

Today marks 7 mostly blissful years of marriage! We even had the chance to go on a date, which is, in our present situation, nothing short of miraculous.

We packed up our girls and got out the door at about 10am. It only took us about 8 minutes to hail a cab (it can be a much longer wait on the weekend). We took an hour-long taxi ride across town to our friends' house, I fed the baby and the clock started ticking. We ran out the door, caught another cab, and after a short ride we sat down to eat at our favorite restarant in town - Indian food! 

I should point out that I wasn't much of an Indian food fan before we moved to China, but now that we're here I find that I'm grateful for a change of pace in the cuisine department. We feasted on naan and curries, and our feast was much cheaper than it would have been back home. Our tab for anniverary dinner at our favorite restaurant in West Palm (Leila's) usually ran us about $100... and that was just splitting an appetizer, two drinks and dessert! Here we got about twice as much food for $30. I think that even makes it taste better.

After two precious hours of dining and telling each other sweet nothings (and a phone call to check on the girls), we picked up our bundles of joy and headed home. This was our first date in China with 2 kids, and I'd say it was a great success. I'm not sure when the next one will be, but I am grateful for two hours alone with my husband. I'm grateful for the friends that helped make it possible. And I'm grateful for two sweet girls who miss me when I'm away.

(I'm also grateful for that Indian family who moved to China and opened a restaurant). :)

3 comments:

tina said...

im very proud of you!!! its nice to be alone without the kids under feet. once B gets back we are off too!! xoxoxoxoxo

Ashley said...

Thanks Tina! Excited for B to get home to you! :)

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary!